Logistics and Reservations Coordinator
Metropolitan Movers was established in 2010 as a moving brokerage company with the aim of introducing customer focus to the moving industry. By acting as the middle person between the customers and the movers, we obtained the ability to customize the provided service to the needs of each customer, consequently reducing the stress and increasing the satisfaction they experience.
Fast forward to 2018 and Metropolitan Movers has won consumer choice awards, keeping us more motivated to provide the best possible moving experience. We decided that the best way to ensure customer satisfaction is to have full control of the quality of the service providers.
We invest in our personnel so they can, and want to, invest in our customers. Each crew member is trained according to our feedback-based, constantly improving training system designed to provide our customers with the highest level of service available in the industry.
At this time, we are looking to hire a professional Logistics and Reservations Coordinator for a full-time, permanent position to assist the company in scheduling, coordination and control of procedures related to our services. The ideal candidate will have experience in both Home Moving and Business Moving procedures.
The duties are as follows:
- Manage booked reservations for shipping and distribution of products to businesses and individuals (B2B and B2C)
- Up-sell products and packages where possible according to established procedures to maximize revenues and to minimize escalations
- Ensure all external resources carry updated information (availability, fees, specials)
- Manage cancellations and process refunds for all types of orders and reservations, and determine if special considerations are required
- Supervise transportation from warehouse to receiving parties
- Pass on requests in a timely and accurate manner to appropriate parties
- Provide monthly reports to management to determine which products bring in more revenue per region
- Supervise and coordinate inventory and over-all supply-chain procedures
- Secon dary High school diploma AND at least 2-3 years of experience in logistics and/or reservations
- Good experience working with B2B and B2C procedures with good understanding of distribution and reservation escalation
- Proficiency in the English language
Conditions of Employment:
- $24.00 per hour based on 35-hours work week,
- Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week,
- Permanent, full-time position,
- Location of work: 16 Spinnaker Way, Unit #17, Vaughan, Ontario L4K 2T8
- Travelling around GTA would be occasionally required (related expenses covered by the company).
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this vacancy, please apply by email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all the candidates for their interest, however, only those who qualify will be contacted for further consideration.