Long Haul Truck Driver
IGS Trucking Ltd.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 8
12572 70A Ave.
• To Transport goods and materials over long distances, must know how to drive and operate straight or articulated trucks.
• Oversee different aspects of vehicles e.g. functioning of reefer, loading/unloading of materials.
• Obtain documentation to transport across US/Canada borders.
• Plan trip logistics and prepare documentation for transportation of goods and record trip details: cargo info; distance traveled; gas consumption.
• Communicate effectively with the dispatcher and others, using electronic devices to receive and send information.
• Submit paperwork (bill of lading) effectively and maintain log books manually and electronically.
• Make sure about properly secured cargo according to safety regulations.
• Inspect overall long haul truck’s lights, tires, turning signals, breaks, cold storage, before starting trips, on the way to the trip and after trip finished and if needed perform emergency roadside repairs.
Class 1 Driver’s License required.
Work Experience: Minimum 1-year experience as long haul truck driver.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal Record check, Drug Test, Medical Exam and abstract driving record check
Others: Preferences will be given to Aboriginals, New Immigrants, and Youth. Applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada and knows Basic oral and written English to follows instructions and understand the road signs.