Long Haul Truck Driver
IGS Trucking Ltd.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Also offering part time flexible hours
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 8
12572 70A Ave.
Multiple cities across Canada/USA starting and ending in Surrey, BC
• To Transport goods and materials over long distances, while driving and operating straight or articulated trucks.
• Oversee different aspects of vehicles e.g. functioning of reefer, loading/unloading of materials etc.
• Obtain documentation to transport across US/Canada borders.
• Plan trip logistics and prepare documentation for transportation of goods and record trip details: cargo info; distance traveled; gas consumption.
• Communicate effectively with the dispatcher and others, using electronic devices to receive and send information.
• Submit paperwork (bill of lading etc.) effectively and maintain log books manually and electronically.
• Properly securing cargo according to safety regulations.
• Inspect overall long haul truck’s lights, tires, turning signals, breaks, cold storage, before starting trips, on the way to the trip and after trip finished and if needed perform emergency roadside repairs.
Required Skills/ Credentials
Class 1 Driver’s License.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal Record check, Drug Test to cross international borders
Safe driving record
Others: We welcome applications from Aboriginals, New Immigrants, and Youth. Applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada and knows Basic oral and written English to follow instructions and understand the road signs.