Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Salem Manor Nursing Home is currently hiring for a Casual Licensed Practical Nurse for its 102 Long Term & Continuing Care Facility in Leduc, AB. (Located 15-20 mins South of Edmonton on Hwy 2.)
This position offers:
- Casual hours
- Comprehensive Wages & Benefit package
- A Career Opportunity to work with Seniors in a Long Term Care Environment
Reporting to the Registered Nurse, the LPN will enhance the effective management and quality of care delivery and nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta, Health Professions Act, Alberta Health Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards
- Ensure resident care and service is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders. Including medication administration and treatments. Observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate.
- Organize, deliver and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care, quality of life activities and palliative care as required.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of personal care staff assigned to their unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education.
- Interprets and implements established policies, procedures and regulations related to the operation of the unit and the activities of daily living for the residents.
- Currently registered and a member in good standing with the CLPNA
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program
- Previous experience in long-term care preferred including demonstrated commitment to working with seniors
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired desirable.
- Strong organization, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Effective leadership and human relation skills required
- Ability to proactively build & maintain relationships with all stakeholders (resident, family members, physician & team members)
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Ongoing dedication to providing excellence in Client centered quality services
- Excellent organizational, time management & multi-tasking skills required
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’, and generate creative solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
Salem Manor Nursing Home encourages new Graduates and or Experienced LPNs to please apply.
Applicants must have reliable transportation as there is limited to no bus service available. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada and reside in the Leduc – Edmonton area.
No phone calls please.
Please submit your resume to:
Fax: (780) 986-4130