This permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in the beautiful Kamloops, B.C. area and requires a Maintenance Supervisor, with strong leadership and mechanical skills, experienced in a unionized manufacturing environment. As the ideal candidate, you are interested in making a difference both within the operation and the career development of your employees. Relocation assistance is being offered.
How can you stand out? If You….
- Are a Journeyman Millwright with proven leadership experience, preferably in a unionized manufacturing environment (Mechanical Engineers experienced leading maintenance teams, may also be considered)
- Are interested and able to work the weekend rotation (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Are eager to join a team where you can truly use your exceptional technical and leadership skills to help build a well-rounded maintenance team by recognizing the strengths, weaknesses and ambitions of your team members and applying your coaching skills accordingly
- Are interested in living in a beautiful community offering a year round active lifestyle with events and activities for all ages...This role might be for you!
As an integral part of the maintenance team, you thrive in a high volume environment. You are passionate about leading a successful team with a focus on safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Your proven track record related to coaching, planning, goal setting and management of KPIs has contributed to your career success, thus far.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have 3 to 5 years’ of mechanical maintenance management experience within an industrial manufacturing environment (forestry would be ideal)
- MUST be a Journeyman Millwright (Mechanical Engineer with relevant experience may be considered)
- Have experience leading and coaching a team of up to 10 people
- Have strong labour relations and people skills
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Are self-motivated with well-developed organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Are comfortable working with computers e.g. experience with JDE or similar CMMS program is important
Our client is a well known and well respected employer who manufactures lumber, panel products, co-products, biomass power, and a growing number of specialty wood products in its operations across Western Canada. As an industry leader in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.
Submit your resume today through this site or our website at www.miriamsherris.com. Make sure to also connect with Miriam Sherris on Linkedin, LIKE Miriam Sherris Recruiting on Facebook and follow Miriam Sherris on Twitter