This permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in Slave Lake, Alberta and requires relocation to the area. Our client is seeking an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, preferably with a background in OSB forestry production, but experience in other 24 hour industrial production environments may also be considered.
How can you stand out? Well, If You….
- Are seeking an exciting change in your career, are exceptionally strong in mechanical / hydraulic systems and have a proven track record in leading a diverse mechanical trades team with the objective of maximizing equipment availability, reliability and uptime, at minimum cost
- Are an inspiring leader who engages your team and who recognizes each individual’s strengths, ensuring efficient work execution
- Have a proven track record as an innovative leader who takes great pride in the scheduling, coordinating and directing of maintenance work orders
- Excel as a ‘boots on the ground’ leader who believes in the value of spending time with your team to maximize plant uptime and production through effective utilization of resources...This role might be for you!
As an essential part of the maintenance team, you thoroughly enjoy leading employees and helping them understand their contribution to the success of a production operation. You are articulate and a strong motivator who effectively coordinates the availability of facilities and equipment, to be worked on, ensuring efficient work execution through the availability of parts, materials, special tools, equipment and personnel.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have a minimum of 4 years supervisory experience in 24x7 industrial production operations
- Must have a Millwright provincial or interprovincial ticket
- Are highly effective in motivating your team through the process of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Are self-motivated with well-developed organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Are computer literate and experienced with CMMS
Our client is a well known and well respected employer who manufactures lumber, panel products, co-products, biomass power, and a growing number of specialty wood products in its operations across Western Canada. As an industry leader in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.
Submit your resume today through this site or our website at www.miriamsherris.com. Make sure to also connect with Miriam Sherris on Linkedin, LIKE Miriam Sherris Recruiting on Facebook , follow Miriam Sherris on Twitter