Job Title: Ocean Freight Supervisor
Reference #: PFLCBC020817
Employer: International Freight Forwarder
Duration of Employment: Permanent Full-time
Starting Time: ASAP
Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with 30 min lunch break (Mon- Fri)
Compensation: 50-55k or DOE (MSP, Group Insurance, RRSP and DPSP after completion of the probationary period.)
- Provide exceptional customer service by coordinate and communicate consistently with clients, ocean carriers and vendors to ensure accurate information is relayed to all parties.
- Receive all incoming sales inquiries (directly from customers, overseas agencies or Sales) for accounts not known to be assigned to the Logistics Coordinator.- Provide ongoing support to team members specially in problem solving
- Provide ongoing support, coaching and training to direct report and new employees
- Maintain professional communication with all departments to provide feasible and sustainable service to clients.
- Ensure that all shipments are in compliance with the local laws and regulations governing the import and export industry.
- Negotiate and maintain rates with different shipping lines and strengthen relationship with them.
- Responsible for customer rate tariffs (monthly), space management (daily) and rate management (daily/weekly) through following the process with Systems Manager/Ocean manager
- Provide pricing quotations and follow-up on quotes (as a back-up in the event that pricing team cannot)
- Oversee quarterly assessments and forecasts of Export's financial performance against budget.
- Work with the management team, developing and implementing organizational strategies, policies and best practices.
- Bachelor degree or technical diploma in Logistics, Business or a related field is required.
- CITT / CIFFA a definite asset.
- Strong customer service skills and high attention to detail required
- Minimum 2-3 years of previous experience in similar positions is required.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Familiarization with shipping hazardous material preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrate problem solving, negotiation and decision making skills required;
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Outlook, Microsoft office, internet explorer and ability to learn proprietary business software applications
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, organize and prioritize work load in order to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and open to direction and collaborative work style.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and commitment to get the job done.
- Mandarin preferred.
* Please apply only if you possess all of the requirements.
* Please visit http://www.panpacificpersonnel.com, go to 'POSITIONS AVAILABLE’ click “Ocean Freight Supervisor” and apply.
* We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.