TRUCK AND TRAILER MECHANIC
Apple Transport Ltd.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Min imum Education: High School
NOC Group: Automotive Service Technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers (7321)
NOC Job Title: Automobile Service Mechanic
8128 128 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 1R1 Canada
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges and precision instruments as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks and heavy parts or equipment using manual jacks or hoists.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Attach test instruments to equipment and read dials and gauges in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Rewire ignition systems, lights and instrument panels.
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears and valves.
- Inspect, repair and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
Skills and Requirements:
- Successful completion of High School.
- Technical training or 2 years of related experience.
- Good vision, hearing and sense of smell to diagnose problems
- The strength and stamina to work with heavy equipment and work in cramped and awkward positions
- Mechanical ability and an interest in all types of machinery and engines, electronics and precision equipment
Benefits: Option to sign up for extended medical benefits
How to Apply