We are Looking for an Oil Burner Mechanic/Heat systems Technician for a Full Time Position.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform scheduled maintenance and service
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil burners and their components and controls
- Lay out oil burner heating system components and assemble components using hand and power tools
- Test installed unit and adjust controls for proper functioning
- Install oil burner components and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system;
For this role, we are seeking a qualified Red Seal Journeyman Electrician,
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Experience across a broad range of systems
- Ability to perform Heating system maintenance of Residential Buildings
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings
- Be committed and self-motivated, with very good organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of current Heating system standards and regulations
- Due to the sensitive nature of this role, you will be required to provide a criminal background check and a valid driver’s license is essential
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is and asset, as is a knowledge of northern communities and culture. Preference will be given to Nunavut Land Beneficiaries that possess the qualifications and skills.
What we can offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary. Plus a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Northern Allowance
- Subsidized Accommodations
- Relocation Assistance
- Enrollment in NEBS Pension
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role where no two days are guaranteed to be the same, submit your application to the Igloolik Housing Association today!