Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service.
Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
Primetals Technologies Austria GmbH
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Turmstraße 44, 4031 Linz, Austria
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Overall Commercial Project Manager (NOC 0125 – Other Business Service Managers)
Primetals is seeking to hire an Overall Commercial Project Manager to provide specialized project management services on a modernization project at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. The Overall Commercial Project Manager’s day-to-day day duties and responsibilities will entail the following:
- Managing the activities of a team of engineers and project specialists
- Managing all commercial, financial and contractual aspects of project execution
- Managing the sales, EBIT, project costs, non-conformance costs, productivity, risks, and opportunity aspects for the project
- Liaising with the project management team, customers, suppliers, consortium partners, regional units, accounting and controlling department, purchasing department, and other internal partners, to ensure harmonized efforts across all functions
- Conducting financial and accounting tasks in close cooperation with functional departments
- Conducting deviation management through reporting and project planning (e.g. non-conformance control, standard project reporting, asset management, and cash flow calculation).
- Providing support for other financial aspects of the projects such as taxes, hedging of foreign currencies, insurance, and overall project financing
- Driving this project by managing contracts, claims, and change requests in accordance with the terms of project contracts with the customer, suppliers, and other partners
- Reporting and acting as the employer’s representative for the project
- Leading contract analysis from a commercial perspective and examining contractual issues during project execution
- Preparing risk and opportunity analyses and executing measures with the Project Manager, managing invoices and payments, applying knowledge of export control and customs (ECC), and acting as the overall deputy to the Project Manager
- Acting as the primary contact for external and internal partners regarding all commercial project issues
- Ensuring that all project execution and controlling activities are executed in accordance with internal guidelines and external requirements in observance of financial targets, in addition to fulfilling compliance requirements throughout the project.
- Ensuring project information flow and coordination between the involved functional departments
- Performing related duties, as required
Terms of employment:
Project-based position from September 2018 for 24 months.
36.15 EUR (approximately 55.15 CAD) hourly
Disability insurance, pension, extended medical insurance, 25 vacation days per year, overtime allowance, discretionary bonus, discretionary salary increases
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Immigration and Delegation Manager (HSMM/HA) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate for this role must have extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary project management processes and technologies coupled with a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing and executing the commercial aspects of large-scale mill modernization and upgrade projects. The candidate must also have a degree in business or a related field, with preference being given to candidates with a technical background.
Additionally, the successful candidate must have:
- Experience providing commercial, financial and contractual leadership and oversight on construction projects;
- Knowledge of relevant financial, tax, accounting and risk management principles;
- Experience with export controls and related principles;
- Familiarity with the standards and safety requirements for hot strip mill project execution and operation.