Company: Chaparral Industries Inc / Chaparral Industries (86) Inc
Business information: Chaparral Industries is a Modular Home Manufacturer. Over the years, we’ve been able to maintain our reputation because we bring together a team of skilled tradespersons and attentive staff committed to excellence and proud of every home that leaves our plant. Okanagan residents choose our homes for their quality construction, attractive design and competitive pricing.
Business address: 3075 Sexsmith Rd., Kelowna, BC V1X 7T1
Work Location: 3075 Sexsmith Rd., Kelowna, BC V1X 7T1. Other locations include Vernon BC, Chilliwack, BC, Big White, BC.
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Read specifications to determine quantities of materials required
- Prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sandblasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls; and sandpaper and apply sealer
- Mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture
- Apply paint or other materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, fibreglass, metal coating or fire retardant using brushes, rollers or spray equipment
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls
- Assemble and erect scaffolding and swing stages
- May advise customer on selection of colour schemes and choice of wall coverings
- May provide cost estimates to clients.
- Be willing and able to help in other departments.
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade is required. If the candidate doesn’t have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Valid driver’s license and own transportation to go to worksites
-Experience in all items listed in the “Job Description” above is required
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 hourly, 40 Hours or more per week
-Flexibility in schedule is required. There are two rotational shifts as follows: 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM and 3:30 PM to 1:30 AM, from Monday to Thursday. Overtime may be required
- Extended Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
-Compensation for using own transportation is provided when working away from plant.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 3075 Sexsmith Rd., Kelowna, BC V1X 7T1
**Please apply only by the methods indicated. “No phone calls”