Are you an excellent PHP Developer? Would you like to shorten your commute and regain your work/life balance? If so, your job search is over.
Our client is growing their digital channel capabilities with this net-new hire. We are looking for a full-time PHP Developer to join a small team of developers building marketing communication solutions, websites and web applications for animal health, agriculture and agri-food businesses.
Career growth: We need someone to help establish standard development processes and procedures. You will gain experiences in many functions in the overall development process, something that cannot be offered by larger shops.
They offer competitive salary, flexible time and summer hours in a casual, yet professional environment.
• Back-end design and development of marketing communication solutions utilizing a custom developed CMS
• Deploying and maintaining custom solutions in a hosted environment
• Participating in code reviews and assists other team members
• Project Management skills - able to perform all aspects of software development life cycle, including requirements, development, quality assurance, and documentation
• Investigating and resolving Customer issues
• Ensures each build is responsive and functions correctly on various form factors (mobile, tablet, and desktop devices) and browsers
• Experience working in SDLC and Agile environments
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
• Proficient in a MAC environment
• Understanding of UI/UX design standards, best practices and Accessibility regulations
• Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
• Experience in building data driven website applications and knowledge of relational databases
• Extreme attention to detail
• 5+ yrs with PHP Development
• MySQL, creating SQL queries and database administration
• Experience with cPanels. Creating new cPanel instances for new sites. Installing plugins, components and extensions. Setting up domains, load files, setup database, setup email, setup security/users/permissions, performing site backups, monitor logs, load CMS application files
• Experience with API integration, for example: merchant and social media platform APIs
• MAC OS X
• Good working knowledge DNS
• Experience with Github or other source control systems
• You have the ability to work in a cross-functional team organization
• You have strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Computer Sciences related degree or diploma
• Experience deploying and configuring Slack and JIRA
• Experience with PHP frameworks Codeignitor, Laravel or PHP Cake
• Linux OS
• Learning Management System (LMS) experience
• Experience building Wordpress or Joomla sites and integrating 3rd party components
Let's Get to Work!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: PHP
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you're perfect for this opportunity and you're virtually guaranteed an interview.
Our client has exclusively engaged SearchVelocity to conduct this search on their behalf. We help tech companies like our client identify and hire the right person, like you, efficiently. We bring 25+ years of broad experience working in software companies and IT professional consulting firms as hiring management of Technical staff.