Specializing in the provision of aviation and industrial / marine solutions for the world’s top companies, MDS delivers customized, turnkey Gas Turbine Engine test facilities, becoming a prime partner to its clients.
MDS’s evolving in-depth expertise paired with a collaborative approach delivers a comprehensive and perfectly custom-engineered solution that fits its clients’ exact needs both today and in the future. From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, MDS continually drives innovation. Its Engineering Division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies.A World of Opportunity
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Product Verification Specialist who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.General Responsibilities
- Build test cases based on requirements or identified issues
- Update and execute proDAS product acceptance test cases (ATPs) per proDAS release roadmap, engineering specifications and functional design documentation
- Non-Conformance testing and document software issues consistently and clearly such that issues can be reproduced by the development team
- The development and integration of automated test cases into test case management tools based on published APIs, CLIs and GUI test tools where justified
- Code inspections based on software designer submissions for compliance to internal standards
- Coordinate tracking of issues between releases
- Issue tracking system and test case management system maintenance and support
- Participate in engineering specification and functional design reviews
- Provide assistance and training to staff and support teams as required
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Software or Computer Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in related field
- Prior and demonstrated experience in Software testing role in Windows and Linux software development
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOS) operating systems
- Proficiency of using different VMWare virtualization platforms
- Proficiency with Perl/Python, Expect and shell scripting
- Proficiency with source code repositories such as SVN/GIT
- Proficiency with XML, YUM, RPM related technologies
- Experience with requirements traceability test case management tools
- Experience with networking products and protocols, VLANs, IPC, TCP/IP, sockets, etc.
- Hands on experience with instrumentation products, oscilloscopes, signal generators, voltage sources, etc.
- Experience with SQL programming for Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle and/or MySQL would be an asset
- Understanding of avionics communication protocols (ARINC 429, ARINC 664P7, MIL-STD-1553B) would be an asset
- Understanding and knowledge of Linux architecture and Kernel driver design principles would be an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills required
At MDS, our values drive everything we do—after all, it’s our behaviors and our resulting actions that work to foster the most positive and productive environment for our employees, our partners, and our customers. For those who wish to join our team, they must embrace the MDS values of Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care, and Respect—a world of opportunity awaits.
Candidates who would like to become part of the MDS team are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we only contact those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada, and do not require sponsorship.
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex, or national origin or ethnic origin.
Please visit our website www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls are not accepted from candidates or agencies.