The Project Manager position exists to ensure that Connex projects are completed as per the SOW, on time and on budget. The Project Manager is accountable for the overall successful implementation of assigned projects.
The Project Manager role resides within the Operations Department to provide planning, management, and guidance to project assigned resources. He/she will liaise with external and internal groups to ensure all parties are accountable for their designated role in the project, to deliver assigned project deliverables.
- Create and utilize the Project Charter/Plan to keep the project on track; ensure all deliverables are being met.
- Verify the Scope of Work (SOW); as provided by Sales & Sales Engineering.
- Utilize the Scope of Work in all project interactions, ensure all tasks listed in the SOW are identified and scheduled in the project schedule.
- Create a project Schedule/plan to forecast development/deployment dates, Invoice dates, and completion dates. Project schedules and plans are to be communicated to the customer and internal Connex Groups.
- Meet with the customer on a regular basis to review and update the schedule as necessary.
- Engage Procurement for the estimated time of arrival of project equipment.
- Create a budget spreadsheet, Issues Log, Risks, Change request log to track the progress of the project.
- Secure resources with the appropriate skill sets and availability.
- Keep track of project timelines, working with all resources to ensure they are keeping to them.
- Monitoring and tracking resources hours and 3rd party costs are controlled.
- Utilize the SOW to prevent Scope Creep. If creep does occur utilize the Change Request Management / Process Approval to ensure that it is accounted for in the project.
- Create and foster customer relationship during the course of the project.
- Create and foster internal relationships during the course of the project.
- Communicate project status to multiple streams of management and customers as required.
- Understand the Contract and Payment schedule, and apply these known constraints and payment schedules to the project schedule.
- Document and action all project related issues.
- Accountable to ensure project document deliverables are completed. (example: Equipment Acceptance List )
- Archive Project Documentation and ensure all appropriate customer and site information are up to date.
- At a High Level, understand the technologies to be delivered and how this technology will meet the customer’s requirements and expectations.
- Assist in services quotations as necessary.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated verbal, written, reporting and presentation skills
- Proven understanding of project management concepts
- Must be a team player, a facilitator, with good interpersonal skills
- Tactical skills in organizing, prioritizing tasks, identifying milestones to reach a specific goal
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of telecommunications industry. This would include industry players, standards, and practices.
- Understanding of telecommunication concepts as related to Connex’s Line of Business offerings (i.e. VoIP).
- Project management education ( i.e. Certificate in Project Management, PMI designation)
- Design & Training (Implementation) – Project related interaction, high interaction during a project, rely on technical expertise for timelines management and project deliverables.
- Sales – Daily interaction for projects, RFP's, customer issues.
- Sales Engineering – Project related interaction, interaction during project initiation phase; rely on technical expertise for material and strategy for deployment.
- Customer Care (Order entry) – Regular interaction. Relaying customer issues to create trouble tickets or MACs. SC billing and closure. Post-cut billing issues.
- Finance - Project related interaction, high interaction during a project lifecycle. Budget/finance management of a project. Additional interaction with customer related queries for billing and why the customer is not paying the invoices.
- Connex Management - Project related interaction, interaction during a project to communicate all aspects of the project.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Visio, Office Communicator, Live meeting, Scopia)
- VPN (remote access)
- No direct reports. However, during the life cycle of a project, a project manager may have one resource or many resources under their project supervision.
- A Project Manager will have several projects in various project stages, with multiple resources under their project supervision for the life cycle of the project.
- Project resources may include:
- Solution Architects
- Programmer Analysts
- System Engineers
- Technical Team Leads