Connex is a privately held Canadian company with over 15 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our companys vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as one of Canadas leading communications integrators, were committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees....
The successful candidate will be responsible to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The successful candidate will partner closely with internal teams such as Client Care, Procurement, , Finance and IT as well as external vendors to drive the success of various projects and initiates.
Reporting to the Director of Implementation, the Senior Project Manager will be involved in all aspects of projects, providing project management, business expertise and technical input in the system design, development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise applications. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. As a member of the PMO team, the Senior Project Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Manage and provide leadership for large complex projects from inception to completion to support current and future business needs
- Establish multi-disciplinary project teams, oversee all project activities and ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the agreed upon deliverables as documented in the Project Contract, Timeline and Budget
- Oversees and evaluates the work performance of external service providers with respect to quality, timeline, cost and completion of required tasks
- Responsible to bridge the gap between business and technology while managing complex programs and multiple concurrent projects
- Assess and recommend scalable business and technical solutions that meet client and business requirements
- Manage business requirements and system design reviews, provide final approval and ensure all issues are documented and actions addressed
- Follow Connex’s Governance process to document and track project scope, time and budget
- Provide regular project status update reports to Project Team and Senior Management
- Extensive Project Management experience in managing all aspects of projects in complex environments (including budget and timeline management, scope management, estimating and managing project resources, risk management, issues management, timely decision making, critical path identification, business transformation, etc.)
- Ability to develop and forecast project budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong influencing, negotiation and risk management skills
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement and take appropriate action
- Flexible to work under pressure and meet deadlines, displays high sense of urgency
- Have effective project management and facilitation skills
- Have the ability to time manage / prioritize work under aggressive timeline
- Have the ability to influence and gain stakeholder alignment
- University degree, college diploma and related work experience
- 5+ years of project management experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Strong analytical thinker with excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Have a high degree of tolerance for ambiguity
- Practical experience in process improvement initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exposure and understanding of various systems and architecture
- Strong understanding and experience with change management principles
- Project Management Institute Certified(PMP) is an asset
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)