Founded in 1992, Phoenix Glass is a rapidly growing company specializing in the manufacture and installation of made-to-measure commercial products for large-scale projects, such as commercial buildings, retail properties and residential high-rise developments. We build and distribute products made exclusively of aluminum and architectural glass. With our creative manufacturing and reliable installation teams, Phoenix Glass has earned a well-deserved reputation with architects and entrepreneurs, and carved out a leadership position in the niche market for commercial projects in Western Canada....
Position: Project Manager
About Phoenix Glass
Founded in 1992, Phoenix Glass is a rapidly growing company specializing in the manufacture and installation of made-to-measure commercial products for large-scale projects, such as commercial buildings, retail properties and residential high-rise developments. We build and distribute products made exclusively of aluminum and architectural glass. With our creative manufacturing and reliable installation teams, Phoenix Glass has earned a well-deserved reputation with architects and entrepreneurs, and carved out a leadership position in the niche market for commercial projects in Western Canada.
As a result of continued growth, Phoenix Glass has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team.
The Project Manager will oversee all aspects of a project once awarded to maximize profitability while delivering exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with advanced leadership abilities and the capability to lead change within a department.
- Provide overall direction and planning of all aspects of a project once awarded, utilizing the resources of other departments (Drafting, Purchasing, Production, etc) and holding all parties accountable to deadlines as required
- Reviews drawings for assigned projects and verifies for adherence to codes as they relate to assigned areas, ensuring Phoenix Glass shop drawings are prepared in a manner that will maximize project profitability
- Provides measurements and sizing of openings as a project progresses, as required
- Work closely with ownership and other Project Managers to continually improve corporate processes and lead change in Project Management and Installation departments
- Supervise, coordinate and perform a variety of administrative staff work such as scheduling, maintaining records, workforce planning, assisting in cost control, preparing correspondence, reports, etc.
- Delegate work assignments and set priorities
- Participate in staffing decisions, approves vacations and time off, and complete individual performance reviews
- Coordinates crews, is accountable for the efficient organization of crews and must understand and consistently apply the employer’s and owners policies and procedures. You are required to be involved and supportive of any day to day disciplinary decisions and those additional discipline actions deemed appropriate
- Assessing competency and capability of foremen and tradespersons; evaluating crew capability, training, coaching to ensure that the crew meets required levels of quality
- The project manager is accountable for ensuring the work done meets standards and for implementing work processes to improve productivity and product quality.
- Overseeing the execution of the work, including quality and production, by ensuring that the crews work to job specifications and follow drawings
- Reviewing inspection reports and coordinating resolutions to deficiencies
- Identifying and/or verifying that the field installation work package (FIWP), which includes all tools and materials required by the crew are available and complete
- Identifying needs and deficiencies in the look ahead plan/schedule and communicating these to the appropriate persons
- Translating general work requirements into a prioritized work plan for each crew
- Reviewing and adjusting specific workforce activities and task schedules to meet established production schedules
- Working with the crews to overcome work challenges
- Identifying, verifying and reporting any scheduling conflicts with other crews and contractors to the appropriate persons
- Communicates and coordinates with other trades to avoid and resolve conflicts
- Provide leadership that results in a safe work culture, is responsible and accountable for the safety of the crews under his direction and must understand and accept the importance and legal liability of the role;
- Knowing and understanding the requirements of and liabilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Knowing, understanding, communicating and ensuring compliance with the safety regulations (Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and Code) and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure project schedule progresses as scheduled or adjust as required to meet overall billing expectations monthly
- Able to effectively perform conflict management internally and externally. Promotes, supports and facilitates teamwork and harmony between all construction crews by promoting and fostering a positive, visible teamwork attitude among all project crews.
- Technica l Associated Degree with minimum 5 years experience, Engineering degree and/or Project Management certification a definite asset
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading a team
- In depth knowledge of drafting standards, math and engineering
- Knowledge and ability in the use of AutoCAD and AutoCAD compatible software an asset
- Ability to read architectural drawings, engineering, blue prints
- Firm understanding of industry code standards and specifications (including but not limited to) CSA, BCBC, etc.
- Understanding of project management and construction practices, related industry standards and able to follow, implement and improve company project management and installation standards and requirements
- Technical aptitude and ability to understand advanced engineering concepts
- Strong communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills with ability to positively influence others and develop strong internal and external relationships
- Strong analytical, risk assessment and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of issues on multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
If you are a self-motivated individual looking for a career with a dynamic organization with great growth potential, email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit www.phoenixglassinccom for more information about our company.
• No solicitation from recruiting companies.
• No phone calls.
NOTE: This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the General Manager. All requirements are subject to change and updates.