Services and Housing In the Province (SHIP) is a Housing and Health Service Provider for specialized populations with numerous programs and partnerships. SHIP’s mission is to increase quality of life through health services and housing supports that promote mental and physical health and wellness. It is our collective belief that provision of services must be delivered with a sense of compassion and clients must be provided with the opportunity to pursue independence and to actively contribute to and participate in the community in which they live. SHIP encourages a client’s support system to play a positive role in the recovery process and values an environment based on respect.
Services and Housing In the Province (SHIP) is a Health Service Provider for specialized populations with numerous programs and partnerships. We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic individual to fill the following position:
Psychiatric Nurse – 1 Year Contract (July 2019)
Mississauga Assertive Community Treatment Team (M-ACTT)
(Bargaining Unit Position)
Our Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) is a multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals comprised of a Program Psychiatrist, Nurses, Peer Specialists, Social Workers, Vocational and Addictions Specialists, Mental Health Clinicians, Community Mental Health Support Workers and an Occupational Therapist.
- Participates and conducts psychiatric mental assessment, comprehensive assessments of psychiatric history and diagnosis; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living; family structure and relationships.
- Provides management and administration of medication in the community.
- Work in collaboration with the program psychiatrist and client to implement the best treatment plan.
- Monitor client’s symptoms and initiate interventions to facilitate stabilization when required.
- Develop individual plans to support complex physical and mental health needs through the integration of psychopharmacology knowledge.
- Establish and implement recovery and crisis plans with each client.
- Provide ongoing support to enable clients to achieve their goals.
- Identifies and consults with community agencies and resources and incorporates them into treatment planning.
- Consults with families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Administers standardized assessment/screening tools where warranted (i.e., OCAN, GAINS).
- Documents client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and treatment /service planning review meetings.
- Sharing shift rotation and on call duties with other ACT staff.
- Responsible for client/resident safety.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSCN).
- A minimum of three (3) years related work experience in mental health.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario in good standing.
- Excellent assessment, crisis intervention and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of housing, social, financial, vocational, and other community resources.
- Ability to advocate strongly on behalf of clients and comfortable with the self-help role.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills; (ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team member).
- Commitment to personal education and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge in psychosocial assessments, mental illness, counselling, and crisis management.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- A valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and a vehicle with adequate insurance coverage are required.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is a bargaining unit position, working 37.5 hours per week.
***All interested applicants must submit their resume directly to SHIP's Career page***
1. https://cmha.hr.ccim.on.ca/ship/applicant/JobSearch.asp x
2. Select view all and click Search
3. Apply to the interested positions respectively
Positions will remain open until filled. Full consideration will be given to applications received prior to July 26, 2018.
SHIP is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent benefits package and work environment. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are contacted by SHIP regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise human resources if accommodation is required through any stage of the recruitment process