This is a great opportunity for someone who has recently graduated university/college; eager to establish a purchasing career in the forestry industry. The employer will provide hands-on training to gain knowledge of products, market, industries, etc. The ideal candidate will be fit, flexible, energetic, responsible, goal-oriented, career minded and will possess excellent communication skills and a positive personality. The company is looking for an outgoing, straightforward and proactive person with passion and desire to excel.
Job Title: Purchasing Assistant (JP/EN)
Reference #: PFPABC010917
Duration of employment: Permanent full-time
Employer: International trading company
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Starting Date: ASAP
Work hours: Variable – the position requires the ability to work irregular hours.
* Business trip may be required 20-30% local business trips (day trips).
Compensations: CA$40,000~45,000/year (DOE) plus overtime pay, and benefits (after 3 months’ probation period)
Benefits: group insurance (medical, dental, life insurance and company pension plan) and MSP covered by company after completion of 3-month probation period.
Main Job duties:
- Log inspection conducted outside all year round.
- Coordinating shipments, loading plan calculation with a big vessel
- Taking care of clients from Japan inducing picking up from airport, attending clients
- Establishing new working relationships and expand sales and supplier network
- Fluent in Japanese and English, both spoken and written (business level)
- Able to go on business trips and work overtime when needed
- Customer service/sales related work experience
- Computer literate and proficient in MS-Office
- College diploma or higher education
- Possesses Canadian permanent resident status or citizenship or post-graduation work permit
- Valid driver license. (You will drive a company car for work)
- Have strong mathematical abilities
- Chinese language skill will be an asset.
*Please apply only if you possess all the requirements
* Please visit jobppp.com, click ' Purchasing Assistant (JP/EN)' and apply.
* We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.