Terus Construction Ltd. is a diversified construction company that delivers road building, earth moving, site preparation, aggregates & ready mix materials and other services throughout British Columbia and the Yukon Territory. Terus Construction Ltd. is a subsidiary of ColasCanada Inc., a leading national road builder with subsidiaries in Western Canada, Ontario and Quebec. Being part of the Colas group of Companies provides impressive resources and technical expertise enabling Terus Construction Ltd. to access unique high technical and major construction projects.
Quality Control Technician
Skookum Asphalt, a well-established company based in Whitehorse Yukon, has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Technician. Skookum Asphalt is part of the Terus Construction Ltd. group of companies, which is a leader in the construction industry in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory.
This position will be based out of Whitehorse and will report to the Quality Control Supervisor.
To succeed in this position you must have a good understanding of Quality Control and Assurance testing procedures used specifically in asphalt paving construction and aggregate crushing operations. You are also a self-starter, function well within a team environment while being capable of working independently. You must demonstrate strong problem solving and communications skills. Candidates must be flexible and mobile as per the nature of the work some travelling is required.
EMPLOYEE DUTIES / TASKS
- Conduct testing procedures during aggregate production and asphalt concrete pavement production and laydown.
- Write Quality Control Testing Reports and conduct lab correlation with Quality Assurance Testing Agency.
- Display good communication with supervisor, crushing sub-contractors and asphalt plant and paving foremen
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s procedures with sampling, testing and reporting of test results for materials being constructed.
- Ensure maintenance, reports of incidents, and reports of improper working condition of all equipment associated with lab testing activities.
- At all times, conduct business under his/her responsibility with professionalism and respect
- Ensures that testing activities and operations are performed in compliance with health & Safety regulations.
- Good communication skills ( oral & written ) and team player
- Accuracy in reporting
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer Literate
- Driver’s License
- CET in Civil Construction with related experience to construction materials testing or 5 years directly related experience in construction materials testing would be an asset.
Terus Construction Ltd. offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization including competitive salary and benefits package, along with in house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
To submit your resume, please visit our website at www.teruconstruction.ca
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.