Flynn Canada Ltd. is currently recruiting skilled Roofers (commercial) to fill 5+ F/T vacancies in the Kelowna, British Columbia and surrounding area (8775 Jim Bailey Crescent, Kelowna, BC, V4V 2L7). Other locations across British Columbia will be required based on awarded projects. Short term relocation assistance offered in locations outside of the Kelowna region for the length of the project.
The position of “Roofer” is a skilled labour role, in which the Roofer works within a team, reporting to the site foreman to lay a variety of roofs on industrial, institutional and commercial buildings.
- Install, repair or replace single ply roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace Modified Bitumen (Mod-Bit) roofing
- Or Install, repair or replace single ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics or asphalt compositions
- Use of hand tools and power tools for installation
- Repair or replacement of all roofing systems
- Providing training to more junior level, less experienced workers
- Minimum 3 years' roofing (commercial) experience OR completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program OR Journeyman/woman certificate OR Journeyman/woman certificate equivalent
- Completion of secondary school diploma OR secondary school diploma equivalent is preferred
- Intermediate English skills
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work and communicate with others
- Ability to install all kinds of buildup roofing systems (including trusses)
- Ability to instruct apprentices and new workers
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to learn and obey our extensive company safety policy
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent full time at 40 hours a week. Overtime after 40 hours, paid at time and a half;
- $27.00 - $35.00 per hour, depending on qualifications (starting wage for meeting minimum requirements is $27.00, wage scale increases based on additional experience). Salary increase is dependent on annual review;
- Benefits include: Extended Medical, Dental, Accidental Death & Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, as well as optional Registered Retirement Savings Plan & Deferred Profit Sharing Plan with company contribution up to $1500 annually. Settlement support upon arrival to Canada and/or relocation assistance when required on short term projects outside of Vancouver.
- Remuneration of up to 10% for vacation time, starting at 8.16%.
**All interested applicants can apply at: https://flynncompanies.com/current-openings/ **
**Questions/Problems Applying? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org**