If your career goal is to build commercial applications from scratch vs maintaining pre-existing apps, then this role may be for you.
Full-stack Design / Developer - RUBY - for a custom software development company specializing in in mobile and web based product development. They use open source development tools to build scalable solutions. They're 5+ year old growing firm with 15 software engineers, business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. They own some projects entirely, sometimes they’re an extension of the client. 50%+ of their products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line.
• Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, full-stack coding of new Products, features and functionality
• End-to-end delivery, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
• Direct interaction with the client
• Provide effort estimates, planning out weekly sprints alongside 5 month objectives, while identifying and assisting in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
Experience & Background
• 3 years experience with open-source development and technology foundations, and a pragmatic approach to using the right tool for the job
• 5+ years of experience in a software development roles
• Successful track record of delivering projects, both individually and as a team member (hint: bring them to the interview!)
• Ruby on Rails v3/4
• MySQL/PostgreSQL and data model design (logical & physical data models)
• Effective communication skills as you will be in regular contact with the client – great opportunity to further refine your communication skills
• Experience working in a Mac and Unix environment
• Experience consuming third-party libraries, APIs and Web services
• Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• Flex-hours outside core hours 10-4
• Flexible working location when required
• Located in trendy ol’downtown area right beside a terrific coffee shop. Lots of eateries, specialty food shops and outdoor patios within a stone’s throw
• Walking distance to the GO station on Lakeshore West line which runs every 30 minutes
• We use Slack and other video conferencing tools to collaborate remotely alongside many other modern tools
• We have amazing clients who are fun to work with and appreciate our value to them
• We are the sole technology provider for several clients where we have been able to earn their trust and respect
• A breadth of experience exposure across several personalities, client types, projects, and industries
• Casual, yet professional environment
Connect with Us!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: RoR
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you're perfect for this opportunity and you're virtually guaranteed an interview.
SearchVelocity helps tech companies like this one identify and hire A-players like you. Our specialty is complex assignments, roles requiring multiple technologies, skills and/or business vertical knowledge, like this one. We bring 25+ years of broad experience working in software companies and IT professional consulting firms, more than half of these years as hiring management of Technical staff. We can help you find the right people. Visit us at SearchVelocity.ca