- Great opportunity to work with an award-winning Accounting Firm!
- Use your experience to join an organization who values its employees and their work-life balance.
- Enjoy a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities.
About RHN Chartered Professional Accountants
RHN Chartered Professional Accountants (RHN) was established in 1951 and provides professional services in assurance, consulting, accounting and taxation to some of the most prominent clients in British Columbia and beyond. With offices in Vancouver, Richmond, Kelowna and Osoyoos, RHN enjoys an esteemed reputation among business leaders through the quality of our business advice, depth in business knowledge, excellence in services and staff cohesion.
In addition to servicing private corporations, RHN has developed an acute knowledge in serving First Nations, Wineries and Farms, Strata Corporations, NPOs and entrepreneurial businesses.
RHN believes in the importance of its employees and has a policy of growing employees and promoting from within. This is shown by the fact that 4 of the firm's 6 Shareholders started as co-ops. When you join RHN, you will be provided with all the support and mentoring that you need to become a very successful member of the team!
"I was fortunate to start at RHN on a co-op program. Over the course of almost two decades, I have gained immeasurable experience from the partners and my peers. I make sure the people I work with are given the same care and attention in their training as I received." - Alvin Singh, CAFM, CPA, CGA - Shareholder and Managing Director with RHN since 1998.
About the Opportunity
Due to recent and rapid growth, we have a great opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our team in Richmond, BC on a full-time basis.
Reporting to your Manager and working with the Directors and other staff, you will be responsible for the preparation of compilation, review and audit engagements, and the related tax and information returns of RHN’s clients including personal taxes.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Using your in-depth accounting knowledge and understanding of clients’ needs, you will complete, independently or as part of a team, client’s engagements as assigned to you
- Depending on skills and knowledge base, participating in special task force teams with fellow Senior team members to evaluate and revamp existing internal processes, evaluate and implement new software, procedures or processes, and create and carry out marketing initiatives that contribute to the fulfilment of the Firm’s business development objectives
- Engrossing yourself in RHN’s values and leadership philosophy, and guiding your everyday interactions with staff and clients with these guiding principals
- Participating in and occasionally leading professional development workshops to increase the professional knowledge base for yourself and your team members
- Ensuring client work conforms to firm’s standards
- Promoting firm services/additional services of value to clients and potential clients
- Actively looking for ways to help clients
- Advising Management of any customer complaints
- Maintaining notes of important conversations with clients
- Adhering to the spirit and intent of the firm’s systems
- Attending and participating in staff meetings
- Continually upgrading professional knowledge; attending internal/external training
- Inputting individual time to time and billing system on a daily basis
For this role, we are seeking candidates with a CPA designation (or near completion) and at least 3 - 5 years of experience in public practice and in a progressively senior position. Audit experience is an asset.
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Thorough to expert knowledge in CAS, GAAP, ASNPO and ASPE, and proficient experience in Caseware, TaxPrep and Microsoft Office Suite.
- A genuine enjoyment for coaching.
- Positive experience in managing files’ budgets and multitasking
- Dedication in ongoing professional development and self-advancement
You will be successful in this role if you are highly detail orientated, can work both independently and as part of a team, have the confidence to make clear decisions and most importantly, you will have a very high level of both written and verbal communication skills.
About the Benefits
At RHN, you will not only be advancing your career with a growing company, you will also be joining a supportive and hard-working team who take pride in their work. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary, based on skills and experience, and a host of great benefits including:
- Flexible work schedules around core hours, and negotiated options to remote in for work
- Interesting and diverse clients’ engagements, progressing complex challenges for personal development
- Matching RRSP contributions
- Life insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Extended Health and Dental
- Staff wellness spending account
- Training and opportunities for growth
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Growth opportunities for promotion from within the firm
On top of all these great benefits, you will be joining a company that has a very social and close-knit culture. RHN values its employee's work-life balance and hosts monthly events for all staff including lunch and learns, volunteer days and seasonal parties!
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to RHN today!
For more info and to apply see: http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/94543