Founded in 1992, Phoenix Glass is a rapidly growing company specializing in the manufacture and installation of made-to-measure commercial products for large-scale projects, such as commercial buildings, retail properties and residential high-rise developments. We build and distribute products made exclusively of aluminum and architectural glass. With our creative manufacturing and reliable installation teams, Phoenix Glass has earned a well-deserved reputation with architects and entrepreneurs, and carved out a leadership position in the niche market for commercial projects in Western Canada....
About Phoenix Glass
Founded in 1992, Phoenix Glass is a rapidly growing company specializing in the manufacture and installation of made-to-measure commercial products for large-scale projects, such as commercial buildings, retail properties and residential high-rise developments. We build and distribute products made exclusively of aluminum and architectural glass. With our creative manufacturing and reliable installation teams, Phoenix Glass has earned a well-deserved reputation with architects and entrepreneurs, and carved out a leadership position in the niche market for commercial projects in Western Canada.
Due to maternity leave, Phoenix Glass has an opening for a Senior Accountant to join our team on a 15 month Mat-leave contract.
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for full cycle accounting, payroll, and the monthly close procedures and reporting, including preparing and recording journal entries and accruals. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with advanced leadership abilities and the capability to lead change initiatives.
Full Cycle Financial Reporting
- Prepare monthly financial statements, account reconciliations, journal entries, bank and credit card reconciliations using Great Plains and Excel
- Accounts Payable – entering invoices and coding to correct project codes, reconciling to vendor statements, processing bi-weekly cheque runs and payments through credit cards or EFT
- Accounts Receivable – Complete monthly project invoicing, AR collections, prepare bank deposits, process credit card payments
- Manage and record petty cash disbursements and staff expense/mileage reimbursements
- Prepare all CRA Filings and remittances including GST/PST, payroll source deductions WCB quarterly reports on a timely basis
- Perform regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, cash and sales forecasts, job cost and labor analysis, offering recommendations for improvements to management
- Prepare annual budget, evaluate and analyze variances to budget each month
- Oversee quarterly physical inventory counts
- Preparation of internal year-end financial statements and work with CFO for year-end preparation of Review Engagement
- Other ad-hoc reports as requested
- Work closely with owner and management team to continually improve corporate processes and lead change in financial and administrative functions
- Processing and reconciling bi-weekly payroll for approximately 100 employees via ADP
- Point of contact for employees for payroll questions
- Tracking vacation and sick time, annual T4 preparation, WCB filings and ROEs
- Administrator for the company’s extended health benefits and RRSP plan
- Backup reception duties as required
- Minimum five years related experience in a full cycle accounting role
- CPA Designation or close to completion
- Prior construction company experience an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications with intermediate to advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, etc)
- Prior ERP implementation experience an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills with ability to positively influence others and develop strong internal and external relationships
- Strong analytical, risk assessment and problem solving skills
- Keen to drive innovations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you are looking for new challenges in a dynamic setting, please apply in confidence, stating salary expectations and references.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit www.phoenixglassinccom for more information about our company.
• No phone calls.
NOTE: This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the General Manager. All requirements are subject to change and updates.