YCS HOLDINGS Ltd. is a well-established enterprise actively involved in providing road construction services and material supply in the communities located in the Northwest of British Columbia. Our management team is searching for a Senior Accountant to work out of our Prince George office.
Reporting to the Division Controller, the candidate will be providing full cycle accounting and costing services for the operation, which include but are not limited to job cost analysis, contract monitoring and control, general accounting functions, and other financial assignments.
- Centrally involved in the month end, quarterly, year-end reporting duties
- Preparation and processing of G/L entries
- Preparation of various month end production and sales reports
- Analyze and reconcile G/L accounts monthly
- Monitor cost and report any variances
- Preparation of intercompany invoicing and account analysis
- Responsible for Inventory movement reconciliations
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends
- Supervision of staff (3 to 5 people)
- Require a strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and procedures
- Knowledge of JD Edwards would be an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Completion of Level 3 of a recognized professional accounting program (CPA), or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a similar position is highly considered as an asset
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working in a fast paced construction or manufacturing environment an asset
Terus Construction Ltd. offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization including competitive salary and benefits package, along with in house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please apply on our website at: www.teruscontruction.ca