Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service.
Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Senior Drive Engineer (NOC 2133: Electrical and electronics engineers)
Primetals is seeking to hire a Senior Drive Engineer to provide technical guidance and support regarding the commissioning and testing of Primetals’ proprietary automation systems and related software at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. Specific tasks include:
- Facilitating the installation, commissioning and performance testing of equipment using Primetals’ proprietary technology;
- Facilitating cold, hot and loaded commissioning activities in accordance with Primetals’ standards;
- Providing expert guidance and support during drive installation checks;
- Commissioning low and medium voltage drives;
- Performing system optimizations;
- Providing drive system training to client;
- Inspecting equipment installations and engaging in quality control activities;
- Ensuring that equipment is commissioned within the project time schedule and budget;
- Liaising closely with the client’s representative, other site supervisors and installation contractors on any matters of concern related to the performance and commissioning;
- Representing the company at client/client’s installation contractor discussions and making records of these discussions; and
- Performing related duties, as required.
Terms of employment:
Project-based, intermittent position from November 2017 for 24 months
53.68 CAD per hour (42.60 USD)
Overtime allowance, 15 vacations days per year, disability insurance, dental insurance, pension, extended medical insurance, global medical coverage, salary increase and bonuses to be awarded at company’s sole discretion.
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Manager - email@example.com
Skills & Qualifications:
The position requires extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary automation and control solutions for the metals industry.
Additionally, the position requires extensive knowledge of engineering process design and a strong understanding of automation and process application engineering methodologies. The successful candidate will also hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a closely related field with knowledge of all aspect of processing line technology operation and project execution.
- A minimum of 5 years working with Primetals’ proprietary automation and controls systems;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with processing line upgrades;
- Good process knowledge of Metal Rolling Mills and Processing Lines and related functions;
- In-depth knowledge of automation solutions for Metal Rolling Mills and Processing Lines involving Primetals SIROLL solutions;
- Experience with programming and applications for industrial automation systems involving Primetals’ SIMATIC systems;
- Experience with the specification and design of automation / control systems for metals industry applications; and
- Familiarity with the standards and safety requirements for processing line project execution and operation.