On behalf of our Downtown Vancouver based client, Ignite Technical Resources is searching for Senior PHP Developer to join their team on a full-time basis. We are looking for 1-2 Senior Developers who will be responsible for focusing on the core back-end code of our client’s application. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. A basic or better understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary. Experience working in teams focused on web application development. Please note that “application” experience is critical. This includes the full lifecycle of development from design, development, testing and maintenance. This is beyond web design, blog, CMS experience.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Provide guidance on code standards and improvement of the code base.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Senior level (5+ years) understanding of PHP
- Frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, CakePHP, Yii
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Passionate about producing elegant, maintainable code
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
All full-time employees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Personal health plan including medical, dental, vision, pharm and alternative medical services
- BC MSP Paid
- Paid stat holidays
- 3+ weeks of paid time off/year
- Transit subsidy
- Options to attend training courses
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume.
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.Ignite. Wired for people.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.