Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service.
Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Senior Systems Engineer (NOC 2133 – Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Primetals is seeking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer to provide specialized engineering services on a modernization project at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing essential engineering guidance relating to the installation and commissioning of Primetals’ proprietary equipment and related systems. Specific tasks include:
- Facilitating the installation, commissioning and performance testing of equipment using Primetals’ proprietary electrical and automation systems technology;
- Facilitating cold, hot and loaded systems commissioning activities in accordance with Primetals’ standards;
- Inspecting equipment installations and engaging in quality control activities;
- Ensuring that equipment is commissioned within the project time schedule and budget;
- Overseeing the testing of systems equipment using proprietary Primetals’ technologies;
- Reporting to the Site Manager on all matters relating to health and safety, compliance, standards, resourcing, installation and commissioning of the equipment on the site;
- Liaising closely with the client’s representative, other site supervisors and installation contractors on any matters of concern related to the performance and commissioning;
- Ensuring that correct technical skills are available for problem solving;
- Representing the company at client/client’s installation contractor discussions and making records of these discussions; and
- Performing related duties, as required.
Terms of employment:
Project-based position from March 2018 for 24 months.
44.15 USD (approximately 55.32 CAD) hourly
Disability insurance, dental insurance, pension, extended medical insurance, 20 vacation days per year, overtime allowance, discretionary bonuses, discretionary salary increases, paid accommodations, meal per diem, paid flights to and from home location, international insurance.
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Immigration and Delegation Manager (TINMILL/DR)- email@example.com
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate for this role must have extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary mechanical, electrical, automation and control solutions. The candidate must also have three or more years of experience with mill design and systems upgrade projects, and must hold a degree in electrical engineering, automation engineering or in a related engineering discipline.
Additionally, the successful candidate must have:
- Experience providing engineering guidance on mill modernization projects
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and systems solutions for hot rolling mills specific to Primetals’ solutions and design concepts
- Experience with the specification and design of mechanical/automation/control systems for hot rolling mills industry applications
- Familiarity with the standards and safety requirements for mill modernization project execution and operation