SERVICE SHOP TECHNICIAN (BIKE) - BASIC
As a Service Shop Technician, you’re as good with people as you are with your hands. After all, it’s your job to interact with customers, assess their needs, and then setup, repair, and maintain their sporting equipment.
What you'll do.
- Assembling/disassembling different types of bicycles
- Wheel building, wheel truing, tire changing
- Crank arm replacement, change derailleurs, headset overhaul, chain check and replacement
- Changing brakes, brake and shift levers, cables
- Maintain clean and organized area
What you'll get.
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced environment
- Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you bring.
- Currently active in sports and activity, and passionate about living a healthy, active lifestyle
- Some previous experience repairing your personal bicycles
- Previous bike building experience is an asset
- Past service shop experience would be ideal, but not required
- Passionate about biking and mechanically inclined
- Ability to lift at least 25lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Good team player and communicate clearly with customers
- High School education
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of people’s lifestyles, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s only national big box sporting goods retailers, with over 400 stores from coast-to-coast.
Inspiring Canadians to live healthy, active lives. The inspiration begins with you.