Become part of something bigger at Sport Chek. Share your passion and experience and help inspire others to be their best. Explore and learn, become your personal best and feel the satisfaction of making a difference. Become connected, to a community of people all working towards the same goal.
Bring us your enthusiasm, your energy, and your commitment. Become an ambassador of your sport, and work side by side with like-minded people dedicated to inspiring and helping your community lead more active, healthy lives.
SERVICE SHOP TECHNICIAN (BIKE-INTERMEDIATE)
As a Service Shop Technician, you’re as good with people as you are with your hands. After all, it’s your job to interact with customers, assess their needs, and then setup, repair, and maintain their sporting equipment. In helping athletes get back to living “The Power of Sport”, all safety measures will be taken to ensure their equipment is serviced to the manufacturer’s specifications.
What you’ll do.
- Assembling/disassembling different types of bicycles
- Wheel building, wheel truing, tire changing
- Crank arm replacement, change derailleurs, headset overhaul, chain check and replacement
- Changing brakes, brake and shift levers, cables
- Ski & snowboard mounting, waxing and tuning
- Maintain clean and organized area
- Fill out proper documentation for receiving, servicing and returning customer products
What you’ll get.
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced environment
- Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you bring.
- Extensive personal experience working on various bikes and brands
- Ability to do most repairs such as changing and fixing hydraulic brakes, wheel truing, suspension
- Previous bike building experience is an asset
- Ability to problem solve and work in fast paced environment
- Good team player and communicate clearly with customers
- High School education
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of people’s lifestyles, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s only national big box sporting goods retailers, with over 200 stores from coast-to-coast.
Inspiring Canadians to live healthy, active lives. The inspiration begins with you.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Sport Chek is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees - their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.