Become part of something bigger at Sport Chek. Share your passion and experience and help inspire others to be their best. Explore and learn, become your personal best and feel the satisfaction of making a difference. Become connected, to a community of people all working towards the same goal.
Bring us your enthusiasm, your energy, and your commitment. Become an ambassador of your sport, and work side by side with like-minded people dedicated to inspiring and helping your community lead more active, healthy lives.
SERVICE SHOP TECHNICIAN (SKI) – Basic
What your responsibilities are
- Ski and snowboard repair including applying P-Tex on gouges and scratches, base patches, beveling, edge replacements and de-laminations
- Daily use and maintenance of ski tuning machinery including Wintersteiger
- Ability to mount a vast variety of ski and snowboard bindings without instruction or supervision
- Maintain clean and organized area
- Fill out proper documentation for receiving, servicing and returning customer products<
What you will bring
- No professional experience required but personal ski/snowboard maintenance skills required
- Ability to wax, sharpen and mount bindings on personal equipment
- Ability to problem solve and work in fast paced environment
- Desire to learn technical side of equipment
- Good team player and communicate clearly with customers
- High School education
What you will get
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced environment
- Hands-on training
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s only national big box sporting goods retailer, with over 200 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy and active lives?
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.