$16.00 to $18.00 per hour
Who is Keilhauer?
Keilhauer manufactures seating and tables for all the areas of the organization where there is an exchange of ideas. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communication and engagement in “Heads Up” spaces, such as meeting rooms, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design focused contract furniture manufacturer. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards. This full time position includes 7-4 working hours, and full benefits in an environment that values fun, creativity and integrity.
Are you our next Team Member?
Keilhauer is looking for a sewer to join their Production Department. In this position, your role is to sew fabrics and leather in order to meet the production demand and maintain Keilhauer’s commitment to quality. This requires efficient and accurate attention to product quality during all sewing activities, while following specific safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Sews quality covers for basic models as integral part of production process.
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure completion of daily production schedule.
- Contributes as a reliable and effective team member within cell and across other cells.
- Checks labels on special orders and sews accordingly.
- Aligns parts, fasteners, or trimmings, following seams, edges, or markings on parts.
- Trims excess threads. Trims edges of covers.
- Able to read and understand daily schedule and job header.
- Steams completed chairs when required.
- Adheres to safety regulations (i.e. proper shoes)
- Previous experience with machine sewing of one year or greater.
- Must have ability to produce detailed, high quality end products.
- Ability to understand, speak, read and write basic English.
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Cooperation – offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Adaptability – able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
In order to sew thick fabrics and leathers with fire retardant backing, an essential physical requirement is to be able to repetitively grip tightly and push/pull materials through the sewing machine. The employee must have full use of both hands and good visual acuity to thread the needle and trim, as well as holding seams open to sew. The employee must have ability to sit for duration of the day (with the exception of break periods) and use a foot treadle; prolonged use of ankle and knee are required in order to work the treadle. Ability to use tools such as scissors and mallets. The employee spends almost 100% of his/her time in the plant environment with exposure to heat, dust and noise levels
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our aim is to ensure equality of opportunity in the recruitment process by avoiding discrimination on the grounds of: race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, age, disability, political persuasion or trade union membership. Keilhauer values each individual’s attributes, personality and life experiences, and achieves this by maintaining an environment in which everyone feels supported and valued, thereby allowing us to achieve our goals.
Keilhauer is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Greenest Employers. We are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities.
Let us know if accommodation is required for the interview.
If this is you, send your resume to email@example.com or by fax to (416) 759-5723 and tell us how you would be a great fit.
1450 Birchmount Road, Toronto ON Canada M1P2E3
We thank you for your interest, and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.