Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service.
Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Site Manager (NOC 0211 – Engineering Managers)
Primetals is seeking to hire a Site Manager to provide engineering project management services on a modernization project at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. The Site Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the installation and commissioning of Primetals’ proprietary equipment and related software. Specific tasks will include:
- Managing all aspects of project delivery including engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, delivery, installation and commissioning of mechanical and electrical equipment;
- Ensuring that engineering work is delivered to specification, on time and within budget;
- Directing the engineering design process on deliverables that impact interface / project schedules;
- Leading technical discussions on mechanical, electrical and control systems with Dofasco and other site contractors;
- Ensuring that all engineering work is completed in accordance with the plant shut down / start up schedules;
- Managing and directing the deployment of Primetals’ proprietary industrial equipment;
- Holding regular meetings on site (daily/weekly) to discuss engineering, safety, scheduling, technical design, manufacturing and logistics with all parties concerned on the project to ensure maximum performance and efficiency;
- Analyzing engineering issues and taking immediate countermeasures against unforeseen site problems; and
- Performing related duties, as required.
Terms of employment:
Project-based position from September 2018 for 24 months.
81.11 USD (approximately 101.25 CAD) hourly
Disability insurance, dental insurance, pension, extended medical insurance, 15 vacation days per year, international insurance coverage, discretionary bonuses, discretionary salary increases.
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Immigration and Delegation Manager (HSMM/FB) - email@example.com
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate for this role must have extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary mechanical, electrical, automation and control solutions, including Primetals’ power cooling and transformation monitor technologies. The candidate must also have 10 or more years of experience in managing mill design and execution projects, and must hold a degree or diploma in engineering, construction, technology or a related field.
Additionally, the successful candidate must have:
- Experience providing senior leadership and oversight on mill modernization projects
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and control solutions for hot rolling mills specific to Primetals’ solutions and design concepts
- Experience with the specification and design of mechanical/automation/control systems for hot strip rolling industry applications
- Familiarity with the standards and safety requirements for hot strip mill project execution and operation