We are North York’s top choice of martial arts gyms boasting exceptional programs taught by the most accomplished coaches for all levels of fitness and ability. With over 5,000 square feet of fully functional gym space and a schedule packed with a variety of classes, Grant’s MMA Gym provides excellent fitness and martial arts instruction to help clients achieve their health and performance goals.
Our renowned experienced coaching staff, top notch training facility, and our own successful Amateur and Professional Fight Teams make us the top gym choice.
At this moment, we are looking for an experience Sport Training and Fitness Consultant to join our team. This is a hands-on position and would require the candidate to work closely with our members to ensure they are fit for their respective programs.
Main duties are:
- Develop gym’s internal policies related to sports, fitness and athletic safety and standards and ensuring all members abide by them;
- Assist coaches/instructors and members in strength conditioning;
- Identify members’ athletic and emotional strengths and weaknesses through initial fitness tests and assessments, and provide initial professional advice and consultation regarding members’ suitability to join martial art fitness programs and activities;
- Conduct one-on-one sessions to determine ongoing challenges as well as assisting in nurturing potential skills and goals;
- Work closely with coaches and advising them of specific training approaches and goals for every member;
- Provide members with expertise on injury prevention with and without use of equipment;
- Provide consultation regarding proper nutrition and hydration before and after practices as well as before and after competitions;
- Report to parents on the overall health, well-being, and physical progress of junior Mixed Martial Arts members and advising of ways to improve their existing physical abilities;
- Perform initial analysis of injuries and report extent of injuries to medical practitioners;
- Possible travel with members during competitions to serve as main fitness officer;
- Train new fitness consultants/sports trainers to ensure that all company policies, activities, rules and regulations are followed.
The following is required:
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in sports administration, sports and fitness, sports science, physical education, kinesiology or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in sports and fitness (similar position), especially in the field of martial arts
- High level of English proficiency, both oral and written. Communication with members is very important to ensure that both parties understand status of member’s health and physical well-being
Conditions of employment:
- Full-time, Permanent position
- $24.25 per hour, 35 hours per work week. Hourly rate of 1 ½ or $36.38 will apply after 44 hours of work per week
You may submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by replying to this post.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all applications. However, this is a very hands-on position and would require years of experience. Only those that are qualified will be contacted for an interview.