Looking for new and exciting career opportunities? Join our NEW ASHLEY HOMESTORE opening in Fall 2018!
Ashley HomeStore is currently looking for a results driven Store Manager for our upcoming store in Brentwood, Calgary.
As a Store Manager with us you will be responsible for driving sales and maximizing store profitability by creating a store culture that enhances and maximizes the customer shopping experience while managing the day-to-day operations of the store. You will embody the company’s mission, vision & values and maintain a focus on continuous improvement.
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values;
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
As a Store Manager you will:
- Drive store sales
- Achieve targets and goals including key performance indicators, EBT, cost control and budgets
- Recruit, train, coach and develop key pillars- sales, administration, visual presentation and warehouse
- Coach and lead the store team to drive overall performance by attending and conducting weekly performance meetings.
- Create and maintain a work environment that builds employee engagement
- Manage multiple projects and tasks effectively while adhering to strict timelines in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Participate in the development of strategies & objectives to achieve financial goals
- Participate in setting goals and targets
- Be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, monthly & weekly reporting and diligent review of P & L
- Direct the implementation of corporate sales and marketing programs
- Execute on corporate programs and systems
- Gain a solid understanding of the local market through community involvement
- Build the business by focusing on team development, community involvement and most importantly the customer
- Forecast staffing needs and follow through on recruiting and hiring strategies to ensure optimal staffing
- Use HR programs and processes to build an effective team
- Ensuring customer concerns are addressed effectively and promptly
- Ensure completion/assistances with quarterly inventory counts
- Ensure all Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed and enforced as laid out in the Loss Prevention manual.
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- Proven sales ability/experience
- Post-secondary education with 3 – 5 years’ experience in retail or hospitality management or a combination of related education and experience
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Sales Training Experience
- Proven track record of building high performance teams and strong work relationships
- Strong Self Manager
- Strong sense of Urgency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to handle difficult and/or intense situations diplomatically and professionally
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office products & ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Able to work retail hours
- Criminal Record Check required
How did we get to be the #1 retailer in North America?
With innovative marketing concepts, quality products and state-of-the-art manufacturing methods, Ashley HomeStores continue to have a stream of satisfied guests who contribute to our continuous growth. But we know we couldn’t do any of this without our talented team members. Our team members are committed to providing an exceptional guest experience. Our team members make the difference!
Plan Your Future With Us!
Apply Now at www.ashleycareers.ca !
Ashley HomeStore welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.