Northwest Freightways Ltd.
Permanent Position: Supervisor, Truck Drivers (NOC #7305)
Company: NORTHWEST FREIGHTWAYS LTD
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months): As soon as possible
Location: 12340 Winram Road, Surrey, BC, V3V 3Y5 Canada
Wage Rate: $35.00 - $ 38.00 Hourly, for 37.50 Hours per week
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Evening
Education: High School
Experience: 3 -5 years of experience as a driver or operator of motor transport or ground transit equipment are usually required.
Type of Industry Experience: Trucking
Benefits: Relocation expenses will be covered by the employer as well as the first three months of medical insurance, if required.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trucks, buses, subway trains, light rail transit, street cars, taxis and other transport vehicles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Dispatch bus drivers and monitor routes to ensure schedules are met and to resolve operating problems
- Monitor and operate signal and track switch control panel of subway systems
- Prepare work reports and budgets, and monitor expenditures.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory
Other Information: Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
Employer: NORTHWEST FREIGHTWAYS INC.
How to Apply:
By Mail: 12340 Winram Road, Surrey, BC, V3V 3Y5
By Fax: 604-597-8066
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org