On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator (Linux) for a 3+ month contract opportunity, with possibility of extension.
This position will research, advise, implement, and manage the JIBC’s chosen critical business applications in order to support the organization’s business needs and to ensure security and integrity of data across all platforms.
- Develops, implements, and maintains processes, procedures, standards and methodologies necessary to support application management activities
- Supports project management of application projects and support system implementation initiatives
- Applies change management disciplines when making changes to application enhancements
- Maintains security and disaster recovery procedures with respect to business applications
- Evaluates the performance of new technologies and recommends changes to improve operational performance
- Provides technical expertise, advice and consultation to peers and others, including senior managers of the organization regarding applications
- Participates in the coordination of IT activities with other Colleges and Institutions, software vendors and in the management of vendor contracts
- Maintains a comprehensive library of all supporting documentation
- Assists in monitoring performance of mission critical applications and responding to degradation of performance issues to ensure targets are being met. Identify areas of improvement to supervise and coordinate implementing those changes
- Other related duties, as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience in Linux Systems Administration is required; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must be able to assess the business needs of the organization and understand the impact of application changes in a complex integrated systems environment. Must be a self-directed team player with strong analytical report writing skills, excellent interpersonal, and organizational skills
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume.
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.Ignite. Wired for people.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.