Magnum Opus Stoneworks Ltd. is seeking a Tile Setter for their Vancouver operation.
F/T; 40 hours per week; $25.00 per hour
- Proficient use of tools for hand crafted wood and stone work (among other materials);
- Preparation and completion of products which include making commercial and residential natural full bed stone, chimneys, fireplaces, artistic murals and facades;
- Preparation and completion of landscape products which include landscape stonework and veneer stonework as well as cultured stone, brick, and block work;
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges;
- Determine and implement the best layout to achieve a desired pattern;
- Cut and shape tile to fit around obstacles and into odd spaces and corners, using hand and power cutting tools;
- Finish and dress the joints and wipe excess grout from between tiles, using damp sponge;
- Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base;
- Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed;
- Prepare cost and labor estimates based on calculations of time and materials needed for project;
- Follow blueprints to measure and mark surfaces to be tiled;
- Prepare surfaces for tiling;
- Build under beds, install anchor bolts, wires, and brackets;
- Remove and replace broken tiles;
- Perform finishing duties to ensure quality of work.
- Minimum three years of previous work experience in a related field;
- Must have expert knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the trade;
- Must have experience with exterior stone cladding, floor slab installation on “mud bed,” mechanical bracket stone cladding, and surface restoration;
- Trade certificate in BC is an asset;
- Red Seal endorsement is an asset;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- English language ability is required.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR mail resume to:
Magnum Opus Stoneworks Ltd.
679 W 8th Ave
*Please indicate in your resume whether or not you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada