On behalf of our large Burnaby based client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking a Digital UI Designer to join our client’s Digital Design team on a long-term contract basis (8 months to begin with a high chance of renewal).
Reporting to the Design Lead, the role of the Digital Designer is to assist in the production of professional and polished visual designs that consider brand requirements, client goals, product strategy and technical constraints. Candidates should have a growing portfolio of graphic design and web solutions that reflect a range of industry experience. Strong visual composition, typographic, layout capabilities are important considerations.
This role is a great opportunity to work on large projects, gain exposure to enterprise-level teams and add a very recognizable client to your portfolio.
Sample responsibilities and work duties will include:
- Assist in designing engaging experiences for our consumers across web and mobile
- Building solid understanding of UI principles
- Keeping up-to-date on trends and best practices in web and mobile design
- Participating in creative brainstorm sessions in order to develop conceptual ideas around client objectives
- Being able to work independently and within tight schedules
- Proactively bringing new ideas to the table
Core Skills Requirements:
- 1–2 years of experience designing responsive web experiences and web-based applications
- Solid Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Solid experience using Sketch
- Familiarity with motion graphics (Adobe After Effects) a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Have a portfolio of work demonstrating your experience
Terms: This is an 8-month contract role. Work will be based onsite in Burnaby. Monday to Friday, casual and dynamic work environment with many client-specific perks.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume.
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.Ignite. Wired for people.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.