Jasper Veterinary Clinic Ltd. is looking for an experienced Veterinarian Assistant.
Position: Veterinarian Assistant (NOC 3213)
Benefits: Participating in a commission and bonus system, 20% off activity centre membership, uniform allowance, CE allowance and vet care and supplies at cost.
Number of Openings: 1
Primary work location and business address: 6 Stan Wright Drive, Jasper AB T0E 1E0
Secondary work location: 1070 Main Street, Valemount BC V0E 2Z0
Week 1 – 7.5 hours/day @ 5 days/week
Week 2 – 7.5 hours/day @ 4 days/week
Week 3 - 7.5 hours/day @ 5 days/week
Week 4 - 7.5 hours/day @ 4 days/week
Job duties for this position include:
- Work with veterinarian to provide medical and health care for animals;
- Provide assistance with animals before, during and after examination or surgery by preparing surgical equipment, preparing medications and vaccines, monitoring patients, and cleaning up after surgery;
- Take pets’ weight and other vital signs upon arrival;
- Handle, restrain and care for animals during procedures and examinations;
- Collect and analyse samples and perform laboratory tests to assist in diagnosis of animal health problems;
- Administer treatments as prescribed by a veterinarian;
- Assist our veterinarian with animal dentistry;
- Monitor and report any changes in pets’ condition;
- Provide wound and bandage care;
- Feed, bathe, walk and care for patients who stay overnight;
- Clean and maintain the surgical room in preparation for procedures;
- Calm and comfort anxious patients;
- Maintain patient charts documenting daily care;
- Educate clients on animal health care.
- Completion of at least one-year animal health/veterinary technology college or university program is required;
- Must have 1+ years experience working as a Veterinarian Assistant;
- Must have valid driving license;
- Must be comfortable around all types of animals and deeply care about their welfare;
- Experience with animal restraint is an asset;
- Must possess good communication skills;
- Must have the ability to follow directions and perform duties thoroughly and accurately;
- Must be exceptionally detail oriented;
- Must be able to maintain composure during times of stress;
- Must be able to work without supervision and must be capable of independent thinking;
- Must have excellent problems solving, organization and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, would be acceptable. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Thank you.