The Sickle In Me Foundation is a non-profit organization that focuses on education, programming and activism with regards to the Sickle Cell Anemia disease. We hold social events so that the children and teens that live with this disease can relax and interact with each other in a social setting. We promote awareness and education of the disease through our events, social media, and marketing campaigns. We agitate for change by facilitating signing drives for petitions and by consulting with decision makers in the health care industry, government, and media. Last but not least, we educate everyone we come into contact with about the disease.
We would love to bring on some volunteers to help!
We are currently looking for Volunteer Social Media Consultant (Entry Level). This is an unpaid position.
Skills we are looking for:
1. Ability to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn at an advanced level
2. Ability to post relevant pictures and videos on our social media platforms
3. Track and report all social media metrics to evaluate performance
4. Ability to write snappy captions and hashtags
5. Ability to increase our followers on each platform
6. Familiarity with Photoshop an asset (for meme creations)
1. Willing to learn about Sickle Cell Anemia and be our online advocate for the cause
2. A desire to help people from diverse backgrounds
3. Completion of any social media courses (either online or through a college/university)
4. A college diploma or university degree in a social science, medical, or creative field (in progress or completed)
We are looking for a team player that has the right skills and the right attitude. All of our volunteers receive a detailed letter of reference and a telephone reference from our Executive Director after volunteering with us for a minimum of 3 months. If you are interested in this role please email a short cover letter and your resume to Keshia. We apologize that will only be able to contact a select few for this position. If you are not contacted but are interested in contributing to our organization as a volunteer, please go to our website at:
and fill out the form in the volunteers section. We will alert you of any future volunteer opportunities