The Sickle In Me Foundation is a non-profit organization that focuses on education, programming and activism with regards to the Sickle Cell Anemia disease. We hold social events so that the children and teens that live with this disease can relax and interact with each other in a social setting. We promote awareness and education of the disease through our events, social media, and marketing campaigns. We agitate for change by facilitating signing drives for petitions and by consulting with decision makers in the health care industry, government, and media. Last but not least, we educate everyone we come into contact with about the disease.
We would love to bring on some volunteers to help!
We are currently looking for Website Copy Writer and Administrator (Entry Level). This is an unpaid position.
Skills we are looking for:
1. Ability to upload and update website content including put not limited to: image uploads, blog posts, file uploads (PDFs), and URL linking.
2. Some familiarity with HTML (no need to be an expert)
3. Track and report all site metrics to evaluate performance
4. Back up all web content on a routine basis
5. Proficiency in copy writing press releases, event alerts, and mini-articles
6. Proficiency in proofreading
7. Familiarity with Photoshop an asset
1. Willing to learn about Sickle Cell Anemia and be our online advocate for the cause
2. A desire to help people from diverse backgrounds
3. A college diploma or university degree in Creative Writing, English, Media Writing or equivalent (can be in progress or completed)
We are looking for a team player that has the right skills and the right attitude. All of our volunteers receive a detailed letter of reference and a telephone reference from our Executive Director after volunteering with us for a minimum of 3 months. If you are interested in this role, please email a short cover letter and your resume to Keshia. We apologize that will only be able to contact a select few for this position. If you are not contacted but are interested in contributing to our organization as a volunteer, please go to our website at:
and fill out the form in the volunteers’ section. We will alert you of any future volunteer opportunities.