Warehouse Merchandise Handler (Overnight) Career Opportunity!
Ashley HomeStore is currently seeking a Warehouse Merchandise Handler (Overnight) for our Mississauga Distribution Centre located at 333 Matheson Boulevard West.
As a Warehouse Merchandise Handler (Overnight) you will be responsible for the efficient and accurate compliance with teams and provide support related to visual presentation, warehousing, customer service, pick-ups, movement of goods & merchandising. You will be responsible for store maintenance and product movement.
As required, you will assist the delivery driver with all aspects of loading and unloading product with safe and courteous delivery into the customers’ homes.
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
As the Warehouse Merchandise Handler you will:
- Receive product, product returns, accessories and supplies, prepares outbound shipments.
- Prepare product for delivery or floor placement.
- Maintain and provide accurate inventory documentation.
- Maintenance and housekeeping of exterior (i.e. grass cutting, shoveling, cleanliness).
- General store internal maintenance (i.e. light bulbs, putty of walls, paint walls, general handy-person duties, garbage).
- Loading and unloading of freight trailers.
- Keep store/warehouse area organized and clean (includes store floor and washrooms).
- Safely and efficiently perform loading and unloading activities related to the Company’s delivery service.
- Completion of delivery paperwork/inventory control.
- Conduct all activities in a safe, courteous manner with every effort put forward to minimize damage to product.
- Understand and follow all safe work practices and rules.
- Availability to work from Sunday to Thursday, 10PM to 6:30AM.
- Other tasks as assigned.
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn in-house inventory management system
- High School Diploma preferred or in process of completion
- Experience with hand tools an asset
- Ability to effectively speak with customers and co-workers at a conversational level
- Must be able to read item numbers and product descriptions on delivery paperwork Perform simple written paperwork recording
How did we get to be the #1 retailer in North America?
With innovative marketing concepts, quality products and state-of-the-art manufacturing methods, Ashley HomeStores continue to have a stream of satisfied guests who contribute to our continuous growth. But we know we couldn’t do any of this without our talented team members. Our team members are committed to providing an exceptional guest experience. Our team members make the difference!
Plan Your Future With Us!
Apply Now at www.ashleycareers.ca !
Ashley HomeStore welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.