$15.00 per hour
Who is Keilhauer?
Keilhauer manufactures seating and tables for all the areas of the organization where there is an exchange of ideas. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communication and engagement in “Heads Up” spaces, such as meeting rooms, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design focused contract furniture manufacturer. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards. This full time position includes 7-4 working hours, and full benefits in an environment that values fun, creativity and integrity.
Are you our next team member?
The Warehouse Picker distributes materials picked from the Keilhauer warehouse within the established procedures and policies by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Reads the production schedule and/or customer order to determine items to be moved
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas
- Sorts and places materials and items on shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequences such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
- Fills requisition, work order, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to relevant areas or personnel.
- Records amount of materials or items received or distributed, including handling/processing of special customer requirements.
- Performs cycle counts/total physical inventory counts, quality inspections of inbound parts.
- Ensures rejected parts are tagged, identified and placed in pre-determined areas.
- Acts as backup receiver – receives, delivers goods, documents and checks for quality, removes products off the truck and collects bill and documents damaged goods.
- Organizes and maintains a neat and safe working environment.
- High school education; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 months’ experience in a warehouse and/or shipping/receiving environment.
- Previous experience in furniture manufacturing is an asset.
- Forklift experience is an asset.
- Ability to understand, speak, read and write basic English.
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Cooperation – offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment;, delays or unexpected events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our aim is to ensure equality of opportunity in the recruitment process by avoiding discrimination on the grounds of: race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, age, disability, political persuasion or trade union membership. Keilhauer values each individual’s attributes, personality and life experiences, and achieves this by maintaining an environment in which everyone feels supported and valued, thereby allowing us to achieve our goals.
Keilhauer is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Greenest Employers. We are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities.
Let us know if accommodation is required for the interview.
If this is you, send your resume to email@example.com or by fax to (416) 759-5723 and tell us how you would be a great fit.
1450 Birchmount Road, Toronto ON Canada M1P2E3
We thank you for your interest, and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.